Site Menu > About > Friends of the Conference
Friends of the Conference
Due to the significant growth in the conference, the conference organizers and community members are introducing a new initiative to provide community members with an opportunity to be more engaged with the running of the conference.
In addition to volunteers who work on the conference throughout the year, and donors who contribute financially to the conference, "Friends of the Conference," is a third avenue of support and engagement by community members.
The primary role of a "Friend of the Conference" is to provide practical and creative support to the conference without becoming a full time volunteer. Friends can, however, also be financial contributors.Who Can Be a Friend of the Conference
- Any member of the community who is interested in supporting the conference.
- Each member determines the form of their support in terms of time, creativity, energy and/or resources.
- Promptness in communication and fulfilling the commitments you make.
- One year membership: the conference year ends with the conference.
- Publicize the conference.
- Generate new connections with: media, donors, academic and community organizations.
- Put forward ideas on: publicity, media, volunteer training, fund raising, and the conference events.
- Help with practical tasks: airport pick ups, hosting scholars, purchasing materials, transporting food etc.
- New Ideas: Friends can put forward ideas, activities, and resources that we have not thought of!
> Friends Registration form...